as a matter of corporate philosophy, we are committed to intelligent environmental policies and practices. Standard recycling procedures and ecologically sensible strategies have been implemented throughout all aspects of our operations, and as it relates to new product development and project management. Furthermore, we insist on a similar operational philosophy from our vendor-partners.
The following represents examples of the in-force measures Arcadia currently employs and continues to improve upon:
- Ensure product life-cycle longevity and non-obsolescence via the design, engineering, and manufacturing processes and subsequent product refurbishment and re-use potential.
- Design products, and/or re-engineer existing to maximize the use and or re-use of recycled and/or recyclable components and sub-parts.
- Utilize raw materials (such as wood products) only from renewable, sustainable sources.
- Design and implement ‘optimizer’ manufacturing efficiencies so as to reduce ‘scrap’ waste throughout production sequences.
- Minimize the generation, emission or discharge of waste and harmful or regulated substances and pollutants from manufacturing operations commensurate with current government codes, laws and/or industry regulations.
- Specify, and utilize engineered pre-cut foam, which eliminates virtually all on-site scrap foam waste.
- Increase the use of recyclable materials as appropriate for all general office, marketing, manufacturing, and shipping applications.
- Eliminate use of any non-recyclable packaging materials as well as utilize alternative shipping methods such as ‘blanket wrapped delivery’.
- Utilize remnant ‘COM’ materials previously destined to landfills as interior spring-to- foam barrier cloth on upholstered goods.
- Contract for the external reuse of scrap woodchip materials and sawdust which are recycled and used for the following: soil enhancement in nurseries, MDF particle board manufacturing and fueling co-generation factories which simultaneously generate both electricity and useful heat.
- Contract for the external use of scrap leather cutting remnants.
- Minimize the generation of, recycle, and/or ensure the proper disposal of all office generated waste materials.
- Donate outdated product marketing and collateral materials to college and university design programs for educational purposes.
We engage all our employees in these processes and encourage new ideas at every turn. Together, we remain committed to protecting the environment and will continue to pursue effective means for securing a brighter, and healthier future, for all.